Questions for Users
Q: I can’t get online at the conference. Can I still use your app?
Yes! Our FollowMe and EventLink apps for Android and iOS devices are designed to work offline! While you’ll still need to connect once in a while for updates, you can access the most important features like schedules, maps and speaker bios without any connectivity at all.
Q: Is there an app for my Windows phone (or other phones not specifically mentioned)?
We have a universal app that works on any phone or tablet that can access the web. It has all the content that the other apps have, but it does require you to be online for some of the content. You can access this app by visiting the show or organizations’s website and following the link for the mobile app with your device.
Q: Will this app eat my battery?
Our apps use the battery about the same as any other app. What we’ve found that trade shows and conferences often have poor connectivity. When this happens, your phone will be constantly searching for a signal, and that uses a lot of battery. If you notice that your phone says “No Service” and you want to save battery, set your phone to “Airplane Mode.” This will give you more time to use your phone, and your you’ll still be able to access the information you need through our app.
Questions for Event Planners:
Q: How does my data get into the app?
We have a custom Content Management System and robust importers that can accept spreadsheets and APIs. If you have the data, we’ll find a way to get it into the app. You’ll have access to update the data in real-time via a web-based interface.
Q: What happens to the app after the show is over?
The app keeps working for you, even after the show is over. You can keep updating the content through alerts and push notifications to let your delegates know that there’s another show coming up, an exhibitor is having a special, or that you’re offering an early registration discount. We find that many users keep the app and the notes they’ve taken all the way up until the next show. The app isn’t just a program – it’s a year-round reference tool.
Q: What kind of stats can you give me about the apps usage?
We offer an extensive stats package which gives you the data you need while protecting the privacy of users. We can offer detailed stats that go far beyond number of downloads and which platforms were used. Contact your sales associate for details on the available options.
Downloading Follow Me
this can be done through the Apple App Store or by going to the show website.
Tip: WiFi/ Location feature
Turn your WiFi on in your Apple settings app. You do not need to join or connect to a network to use this feature. See Tip: maps for more info and exhibitors
Tip : Updating Data
Once an hour the app will automatically check for updates from the show organizers. This allows your show to keep you updated with the latest info. To force a data refresh at another time, click the button the dashboard that looks like two arrows.
The setup for the app is located at the top of the dashboard by tapping the gear symbol. Setup allows you to pre-enter information so that you will not have to repeatedly provide passwords, answer questions, and set communication from the show staff on important messages. Some setup features include importing your schedule from the shows web site. This will require a password and account or badge number. This feature is only to import your schedule and exhibitor bookmarks.
Tip: Dashboard Schedule
Initially this does not show until you create your schedule. Once you have created your schedule, the next item on your schedule will appear and continue to update as the show goes on. This will also update if you import your schedule from the show website.
Tip: Schedule Tab
Adding to your schedule is easy. Tap the Plus sign (top right) and follow the prompts to add appointments. NOTE – Events can be scheduled thru the events tab with one touch. See Tip Events
Tip: Maps Tab
Map selection is broken down by halls, levels, and venues. When you go to a map it will render to show the full map. Use the multi touch capability to pinch and zoom in on the map to see the names and logos of the exhibitors. All of the booths are “hot” and will give you info about the exhibitor (such as contact, web, and handouts) if you click them. Booth spaces that are yellow are your favorites.
Follow Me provides a feature to show you where you are on the show floor with a blue circle. Tap the compass icon in the upper right The location feature works best when you are standing still and provides a general reference of your location among the booths.
Tip: Exhibitor Tab
The initial view is by category and if you scroll down it will begin alphabetically. You can also search by pulling down the top with your finger which will revel a search bar. Searches can be done by exhibitor name, keywords, booth number, etc. Searches may appear to hang for a second but they are dynamically producing your list from the search criteria. Remember: they will bring up everything to do with the search string you put in.
- Exhibitor detail screen – Shows exhibitor information.
- Favorites- Exhibitors can be flagged as favorites by taping the star button at the top left. This will add them to the favorites list and highlight them on the floor map in yellow. You can tap the star button on the full exhibitor list to get a list of only your favorites.
- Map – Taping this button will take you to the correct hall, venue, etc and show you where the exhibitor is on the show floor. The exhibitor will be highlighted in red. If WiFi is on, this feature will also tell you what hall you are in if you select a exhibitor in a different hall.
- Handouts – Handouts are located at the bottom of the exhibitor detail screen. If you do not see any handouts – Please tell the exhibitor they need to participate and you can also send us an email email@example.com to request we contact the exhibitor. Handouts can be downloaded for viewing now or later or emailed. Downloaded handouts will also appear in the back of the app in your Downloads tab.
Events are listed by day and time. To scroll to the next day use the arrow keys next to the date and day.
- Adding an event to your schedule – tap the star key at the top right and this will automatically add the event to your schedule. If you want to delete the event, tap the star button again to take this off your schedule. Events can also be added without going into the event detail by tapping the star on the left side in the events list.
- Rate the session – located toward the bottom on the event information.
- Speakers- Listed at the bottom of the event – tap a name and get the bio of the speaker
You can view and post to the feed. Posting requires setup at the dashboard setup screen. See Tip Setup